Asaram and girl were in ashram on the day of sexual assault: Sources
A joint team of Delhi and Rajasthan police has taken the girl to Jodhpur for verifications.
Jaipur: Self-styled godman Asaram and the minor girl who has accused him of sexually assaulting her were both present on the date of the crime in the ashram, say sources. The caretaker as well as the owner of the farmhouse said that Asaram was present at the place on August 15.
The statements contradict those given by Asaram's spokespersons who refuted the allegations. Asaram's PRO Neelam Dubey had called the allegations a conspiracy to malign his image. "This is entirely a fake thing. Let investigation happen and let the result come. There could be a group behind the story and the group could be those who don't tolerate. The Indian culture should increase throughout the world," she said.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot assured of strict action in the case, "If Asaram is proved guilty, he should be punished. Priests and yogis should keep themselves away from such kind of allegations," said Gehlot.
A joint team of Delhi and Rajasthan police has taken the girl to Jodhpur for verifications. The medical reports of the girl have confirmed sexual exploitation as she had said in her FIR against Asaram.
A case against Asaram was filed by a 16-year-old girl who was living in the hostel of Asaram in Jodhpur. The case was filed at Kamla Market police station in Delhi. After filing the FIR in Delhi, the case was transferred to Jodhpur.
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President
- Donald Trump Vows to Sue Sexual Misconduct Accusers
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB