Asaram and girl were in ashram on the day of sexual assault: Sources
A joint team of Delhi and Rajasthan police has taken the girl to Jodhpur for verifications.
Jaipur: Self-styled godman Asaram and the minor girl who has accused him of sexually assaulting her were both present on the date of the crime in the ashram, say sources. The caretaker as well as the owner of the farmhouse said that Asaram was present at the place on August 15.
The statements contradict those given by Asaram's spokespersons who refuted the allegations. Asaram's PRO Neelam Dubey had called the allegations a conspiracy to malign his image. "This is entirely a fake thing. Let investigation happen and let the result come. There could be a group behind the story and the group could be those who don't tolerate. The Indian culture should increase throughout the world," she said.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot assured of strict action in the case, "If Asaram is proved guilty, he should be punished. Priests and yogis should keep themselves away from such kind of allegations," said Gehlot.
A joint team of Delhi and Rajasthan police has taken the girl to Jodhpur for verifications. The medical reports of the girl have confirmed sexual exploitation as she had said in her FIR against Asaram.
A case against Asaram was filed by a 16-year-old girl who was living in the hostel of Asaram in Jodhpur. The case was filed at Kamla Market police station in Delhi. After filing the FIR in Delhi, the case was transferred to Jodhpur.
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle