Ashiq Abu to marry Rima Kallingal in November
Upcoming director Ashiq Abu has confirmed that he and popular actress Rima Kallingal will get married next month.
Thiruvananthapuram: Upcoming director Ashiq Abu has confirmed that he and popular actress Rima Kallingal will get married next month. Both are active in Malayalam movies.
"A lot was being said about us and some even said that our marriage is over. But the fact of the matter is that our marriage is going to happen next month. In fact, it will take place in the first week of next month," the director told a TV channel.
After working as an assistant with director Kamal for a few years, Abu became a full-fledged director in 2009 with Mammootty-starrer 'Daddy Cool'. And since he has had a successful career with hits like 'Salt N Pepper' and '22 Female Kottayam', which starred Rima.
"Yes, the relationship between us strengthened during the shooting of '22 Female Kottayam', even though we were friends before that. And then we decided to wait for our families to come around," said Abu.
Kallingal had entered filmdom with 'Ritu' in 2009, the same year when Abu became a full time director. So far she has enjoyed a good run with quite a few hits to her credit including, '22 Female Kottayam', 'Indian Rupee' and 'Zachariayude Garbhinikal'.
When asked about Rima's career post-marriage, Abu said: "I don't think that anything would happen to her career and we do not think that there would be any tension over that."
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers