Ashok Gehlot in Israel to bring back farm technology
Gehlot said similarity in climatic conditions between Rajasthan and Israel also provided good opportunities of cooperation.
Jaipur: A delegation from Rajasthan led by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot now visiting Israel held talks with officials on cooperation in agriculture, horticulture and water resources, a statement issued here said on Sunday. Cooperation in water management, particularly drip and sprinkler irrigation in water-deficient Rajasthan, was also discussed, the statement said.
"Israel is among the front-runners in desert agriculture management. With cooperation from Israel, coordinated management of horticulture and water could be made in the arid and semi-arid areas of the state," said Gehlot, who along with the team would return to Jaipur May 2, 2013. He said Rajasthan's problems like lack of water, abundance of arid and semi-arid regions were similar to Israel's.
The similarity in climatic conditions between Rajasthan and Israel also provided good opportunities of cooperation, he said. The chief minister said keeping in view lack of water resources in the state, cooperation could be sought from Israel in rain water and soil water conservation.
Recommended For You
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory