Ashwini Ponnappa-Jwala Gutta to renew partnership in Denmark
Doubles shuttler Ponnappa will join hands with former partner Gutta once again, starting from the Denmark Open from October 15-20.
New Delhi: Doubles shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa will join hands with former partner Jwala Gutta once again, starting from the Denmark Open Super Series Premier October 15-20.
The 2011 World Championships women's doubles bronze medallists will also play the French Open Super Series (Oct 22-27) and the Bitburger SaarLoxLux Open Grand Prix Gold (Oct 29-Nov 3) together.
"Next set of matches are in Oct where @Guttajwala & I would play women's doubles and @KonaTarun n I mixed doubles. Looking forward to it :)," Ashwini had tweeted.
The successful combine separated after Jwala decided to take a sabbatical following the London Olympics last year. Since then, Ashwini has been playing with Pradnya Gadre.
The 23-year-old Coorgi will, however, skip the China Masters Super Series and the Japan Open Super Series in September.
"We will train and get fit in that period and get back to the tournaments after that," the Commonwealth Games gold medallist said.
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan Pull Out of Summit
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan