Ashwini Ponnappa-Jwala Gutta to renew partnership in Denmark
Doubles shuttler Ponnappa will join hands with former partner Gutta once again, starting from the Denmark Open from October 15-20.
New Delhi: Doubles shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa will join hands with former partner Jwala Gutta once again, starting from the Denmark Open Super Series Premier October 15-20.
The 2011 World Championships women's doubles bronze medallists will also play the French Open Super Series (Oct 22-27) and the Bitburger SaarLoxLux Open Grand Prix Gold (Oct 29-Nov 3) together.
"Next set of matches are in Oct where @Guttajwala & I would play women's doubles and @KonaTarun n I mixed doubles. Looking forward to it :)," Ashwini had tweeted.
The successful combine separated after Jwala decided to take a sabbatical following the London Olympics last year. Since then, Ashwini has been playing with Pradnya Gadre.
The 23-year-old Coorgi will, however, skip the China Masters Super Series and the Japan Open Super Series in September.
"We will train and get fit in that period and get back to the tournaments after that," the Commonwealth Games gold medallist said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century