Asiad: India enter snooker team event final
India's thrashed arch-rivals Pakistan in the men's snooker team semifinals.
Guangzhou: India's good run in cue sports continued for the second day in a row as it thrashed arch-rivals Pakistan in the men's snooker team semifinals to be assured of at least a silver medal in the 16th Asian Games on Monday.
The trio of veteran Yasin Merchant, Sneh Aditya Mehta and Brijesh Damani proved too strong for Pakistan as they demolished their neighbours 3-0 to set up a gold medal clash against hosts China.
Sneh gave India a solid start, outclassing Pakistan's Sohail Shehzad 84-8 and then Yasin made it 2-0 defeating Imran Shehzad 75-45 in the second frame.
Yasin then combined with Brijesh Damani to seal the tie in favour of the Indians with a 91-61 victory over Imran Shehzad and Shahram Changezi in the third of the best-of-five frame contests.
India will now face China in the final later in the day after the hosts toiled hard to prevail over Thailand 3-2 in the other semifinal.
The Indians have already fetched two medals from cue sports in the quadrennial mega-event on Sunday, with star cueist Pankaj Advani defending his gold in the men's billiards singles event and then Ashok Kumar claiming a bronze in 8-ball pool.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right