DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: 1 killed, 4 injured in grenade blast in Kokrajhar
A few miscreants in a car hurled a grenade towards a group of people around 6.30 pm near a wine shop in a busy market in Chirang district.
Kokrajhar: One person was killed and four others were injured when unidentified persons lobbed a hand grenade at a busy place in Assam's Chirang district on Wednesday evening, officials said. The miscreants came in a car and hurled the grenade towards a group of people around 6.30 pm near a wine shop at the railway crossing in Basugaon town, they said, adding one person died on the spot while four others were hurt.
The attack took place in midst of the culmination of the Durga Puja festival and hundreds of people were returning from the immersion procession at that time. Additional police and paramilitary forces have been rushed to the spot from the district headquarters of Kajalgaon.
Unofficial sources said police recovered another live grenade from the spot. However, officials remain tight-lipped about the recovery.
Kokrajhar was hit by a wave of ethnic clashes between Bodo tribals and Muslims in the last week of July this year. The cause of the violence remained unclear, albeit over 80 people lost their lives.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes