DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: 5 army personnel arrested for molesting a teenaged girl
Police said that the accused personnel allegedly entered the girl's rest room and sexually assaulted her.
Dibrugarh: Five army personnel have been arrested in Assam for allegedly molesting a teenaged girl in Dibrugarh railway station and remanded to judicial custody.
The girl and her brother, hailing from neighbouring Lakhimpur district, arrived at the railway station from Guwahati in Kamakhya Express late on Thursday night and as they went to separate rest rooms there, the group of personnel from 58 Engineers Regiment allegedly molested the girl, police said.
They first locked the brother's rest room door and then entered the girl's rest room and sexually assaulted her, the police said.
As she screamed for help, nearby people came to her rescue and thrashed the personnel and handed four of them to police. One of them fled away.
The arrested personnel were Mandip Singh, PC Joshi, Bishnu Bahadur Rana and Arinder Singh.
The fifth personnel Kamal Bahadur Chetri was arrested on Saturday. He has been handed over by the army authorities to the police station, the police said.
All the five were produced in court which sent them to judicial custody.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan - Strengths and Weaknesses
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh