Assam: Violence in Kokrajhar, 3 dead in 3 days
While two person were killed on Friday, November 10, another person was shot dead on Monday.
Guwahati: Three persons have been killed as violence erupted in Kokrajhar. While two person were killed on Friday, November 10, another person was shot dead on Monday.
A person was shot dead at Badugaon under Gossaigaon police station of Kokrajhar district on Friday and in the retaliatory attack, a youth was attacked with sharp weapons and killed at nearby Batlanmara village. Following the violence, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi directed Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) administration to take a firm action against the miscreants.
An official statement said Gogoi directed both civil and police administrations to deal with the situation firmly and to ensure that such incidents did not recur. He asked Director General of Police Jayanta Narayan Choudhury and other senior officials to beef up security and take firm action against those perpetrating violence.
The situation in the district was tense but under control, the authorities told the chief minister, the statement added. Four BTAD districts and Dhubri were rocked by widespread violence between Bodos and minorities which left about 90 people dead and more than 4.8 lakh homeless during July-August 2012.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology