DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: Tea garden owner, wife burnt to death by workers
According to reports, the tea garden had been facing management and labour problems for quite some time.
Guwahati: In a shocking incident in Assam, the owner of a tea estate and his wife were on Wednesday burnt to death by a mob of angry workers. The incident occurred at the Borduma Tea Estate in the Tinsukia tea gardens.
According to reports, the tea garden had been facing management and labour problems for quite some time. The deceased have been identified as Mridul Kumar Bhattacharjee and his wife Rita Bhattacharjee.
Police said the incident took place after Bhattacharya served eviction notice to two workers of his estate asking them to vacate their quarters. The two workers refused to leave and Bhattacharya called the police who arrested the duo on Wednesday.
As news of the arrest spread, a group of workers assembled and rampaged through the bungalow of the owner. They set fire to the building and also torched two cars belonging to Bhattacharya.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong