Assam: Fire at ONGC unit kills two workers
The fire spread rapidly and ONGC's fire department took hours to douse the flames.
Sibsagar (Assam): A massive fire swept through a unit of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) at upper Assam's Sibsagar district killing two persons and destroying property worth lakhs of rupees, ONGC officials said. The fire started from a part of the Group Gathering Stations (GGS) number 3 of ONGC's Assam Asset at Geleki in Sibsagar around midnight.
The fire rapidly spread through the entire GGS burning thousands of tonnes of oil. It took many hours for the ONGC's fire department to douse the flame.
Bodies of two workers were found from the spot, though their names have not been disclosed so far. The exact quantum of loss or the reason for the fire are yet to be ascertained. Senior officials have rushed to the spot.
- Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio to Discuss Climate Change at White House Event
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Nitish Kumar is CM Thanks to Lalu Prasad: Amar Singh
- Obama Vetoes Bill Allowing 9/11 Victims to Sue Saudi Arabia
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir