Assam: Fire at ONGC unit kills two workers
The fire spread rapidly and ONGC's fire department took hours to douse the flames.
Sibsagar (Assam): A massive fire swept through a unit of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) at upper Assam's Sibsagar district killing two persons and destroying property worth lakhs of rupees, ONGC officials said. The fire started from a part of the Group Gathering Stations (GGS) number 3 of ONGC's Assam Asset at Geleki in Sibsagar around midnight.
The fire rapidly spread through the entire GGS burning thousands of tonnes of oil. It took many hours for the ONGC's fire department to douse the flame.
Bodies of two workers were found from the spot, though their names have not been disclosed so far. The exact quantum of loss or the reason for the fire are yet to be ascertained. Senior officials have rushed to the spot.
Recommended For You
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology