Assam: Fire at ONGC unit kills two workers
The fire spread rapidly and ONGC's fire department took hours to douse the flames.
Sibsagar (Assam): A massive fire swept through a unit of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) at upper Assam's Sibsagar district killing two persons and destroying property worth lakhs of rupees, ONGC officials said. The fire started from a part of the Group Gathering Stations (GGS) number 3 of ONGC's Assam Asset at Geleki in Sibsagar around midnight.
The fire rapidly spread through the entire GGS burning thousands of tonnes of oil. It took many hours for the ONGC's fire department to douse the flame.
Bodies of two workers were found from the spot, though their names have not been disclosed so far. The exact quantum of loss or the reason for the fire are yet to be ascertained. Senior officials have rushed to the spot.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1