Assam: Fire at ONGC unit kills two workers
The fire spread rapidly and ONGC's fire department took hours to douse the flames.
Sibsagar (Assam): A massive fire swept through a unit of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) at upper Assam's Sibsagar district killing two persons and destroying property worth lakhs of rupees, ONGC officials said. The fire started from a part of the Group Gathering Stations (GGS) number 3 of ONGC's Assam Asset at Geleki in Sibsagar around midnight.
The fire rapidly spread through the entire GGS burning thousands of tonnes of oil. It took many hours for the ONGC's fire department to douse the flame.
Bodies of two workers were found from the spot, though their names have not been disclosed so far. The exact quantum of loss or the reason for the fire are yet to be ascertained. Senior officials have rushed to the spot.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton