DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: Lukewarm response on day 2 of strike
Buses, shared trekker taxi service, auto-rickshaw and cycle-rickshaws were operating normally in the state capital.
Guwahati: The second day of the nationwide trade union strike evoked lukewarm response in Assam on Thursday. Public transport, including buses, shared trekker taxi service, auto-rickshaw and cycle-rickshaws were operating normally in the state capital, official sources said.
Markets and shops were open here and in most parts of the state, they said. Trains and flight operations also operated as per schedule as well.
Public sector banks and insurance companies, however, remained closed for the second day today as their employees joined the strike, they said, adding the private sector banks did also business as usual.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO