Assam: Lukewarm response on day 2 of strike
Buses, shared trekker taxi service, auto-rickshaw and cycle-rickshaws were operating normally in the state capital.
Guwahati: The second day of the nationwide trade union strike evoked lukewarm response in Assam on Thursday. Public transport, including buses, shared trekker taxi service, auto-rickshaw and cycle-rickshaws were operating normally in the state capital, official sources said.
Markets and shops were open here and in most parts of the state, they said. Trains and flight operations also operated as per schedule as well.
Public sector banks and insurance companies, however, remained closed for the second day today as their employees joined the strike, they said, adding the private sector banks did also business as usual.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards