Assam: Lukewarm response on day 2 of strike
Buses, shared trekker taxi service, auto-rickshaw and cycle-rickshaws were operating normally in the state capital.
Guwahati: The second day of the nationwide trade union strike evoked lukewarm response in Assam on Thursday. Public transport, including buses, shared trekker taxi service, auto-rickshaw and cycle-rickshaws were operating normally in the state capital, official sources said.
Markets and shops were open here and in most parts of the state, they said. Trains and flight operations also operated as per schedule as well.
Public sector banks and insurance companies, however, remained closed for the second day today as their employees joined the strike, they said, adding the private sector banks did also business as usual.
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Intelligent, Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- Shapoorji Pallonji Likely to Contest Cyrus Mistry's Ouster From Tata Sons
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- 'Rock On!!' Was Shraddha Kapoor's Favourite Film During Her Growing Up Years
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Have Fallen in Love With Meghalaya Courtesy Rock On 2: Farhan Akhtar