Assam: Man arrested for raping 11-year-old schoolgirl
The girl is a resident of Modhupur locality of North Guwahati. The accused stay near to her house.
Rangiya: An 11-year-old girl was raped by a man at North Guwahati town in Kamrup Rural district of Assam earlier this week. The accused Dimpol Baishya, who is reported to be around 30 years old, surrendered before the police this evening and has been arrested, police said.
The incident came to light after the girl, who studies in class six in a local school and whose father had expired earlier, informed her mother on Friday. Baishya initially fled from his home and police launched an operation to nab him. However, he surrendered before police on Friday evening.
The girl is a resident of Modhupur locality of North Guwahati. The accused stay near to her house. The girl had gone out of home on January 8 when the accused accosted her to a nearby deserted building and forced himself.
After the girl returned she kept mum for three days but revealed everything to her mother on Friday. The mother, along with other relatives of the girl, approached the police and filed an FIR.
Meanwhile, the girl has been sent for medical examination.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"