DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: Man killed as part of 'human sacrifice'
Local people alleged the killers performed religious rituals around the victim's body purportedly to appease the Gods.
Silchar (Assam): Tension prevailed in a remote tea garden in Assam's Cachar district on Friday after alabourer was allegedly killed by fellow workers as part of human sacrifice. The police here said that Jawaharlal Mora, who allegedly practised witchcraft, was killed and his body buried at a place at Kalabil under Banskandi police station in Lakhipur sub-division on Thursday.
Local people, quoted by the police, alleged that the killers performed religious rituals around the victim's body purportedly to appease the Gods. Ten people, including three women, were arrested in connection with the killing.
Additional security forces had been rushed to the area and senior police officials were camping, the police said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar