Assam: Man killed as part of 'human sacrifice'
Local people alleged the killers performed religious rituals around the victim's body purportedly to appease the Gods.
Silchar (Assam): Tension prevailed in a remote tea garden in Assam's Cachar district on Friday after alabourer was allegedly killed by fellow workers as part of human sacrifice. The police here said that Jawaharlal Mora, who allegedly practised witchcraft, was killed and his body buried at a place at Kalabil under Banskandi police station in Lakhipur sub-division on Thursday.
Local people, quoted by the police, alleged that the killers performed religious rituals around the victim's body purportedly to appease the Gods. Ten people, including three women, were arrested in connection with the killing.
Additional security forces had been rushed to the area and senior police officials were camping, the police said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology