Assam: Men molest, try to abduct 23-year-old girl
She fought back when the miscreants tried to forcibly take her away and the locals managed to nab one of the accused.
Guwahati: A group of miscreants allegedly molested and tried to abduct a 23-year-old girl from a lonely stretch in Guwahati Saturday night, police said. The girl was returning from her office at Bamunimaidam locality here around 8.30 pm when she was accosted by the youths on a deserted road, they said.
She fought back when the miscreants tried to forcibly take her away. Hearing her screams, locals rushed out of homes and managed to nab one of them. The remaining members of the group, however, managed to run away.
Police have registered a case against the miscreants at the Chandmari police station and launched an operation to nab the remaining men.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul