DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: No sign of rape on 9-year-old, says medical report
The 9-year-old girl was found abandoned by Kalain tea garden labourers with her throat slit inside the garden premises on April 21.
Silchar: The nine-year-old alleged rape victim does not have any sign of sexual assault on her person as per the preliminary reports of the hospital where the girl is under treatment, police said on Tuesday.
"Preliminary medical tests conducted by the attending doctors at the Silchar Medical College Hospital have found no sign of rape or sexual assault on the girl, Cachar Superintendent of Police Digonta Bora said.
The final medical report of the tests carried out on the girl was, however, yet to come, Bora said. The girl is, however, out of danger, doctors said.
Two unidentified persons with their faces covered had kidnapped her when the minor girl from Karimganj had gone to visit her grandfather in Pechacherra village at about 3.30 pm on April 21, police said.
The nearby Kalain tea garden labourers while returning home spotted the girl with her throat slit inside the garden premises and rushed her to a hospital in a critical condition.
She was later shifted to the Silchar Medical College Hospital. A search operation has been launched to arrest the culprits, police said
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?