DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: One arrested, seven detained over killing of minor
The minor girl, who hailed from Cheralia village, had been raped and later killed by unidentified persons.
Tezpur: Police on Wednesday arrested one person for alleged involvement in the rape-cum-murder of a seven-year-old girl whose body was recovered near a village at Sonitpur district of Assam on Tuesday. Police also said that seven other persons have been detained for questioning in this regard.
The minor girl, who hailed from Cheralia village, had been raped and later killed by unidentified persons. One Gakul Orang (26) was arrested for being allegedly involved in the crime. Among the persons detained for questioning are Dipen Orang (22), Sam Orang (27) and August Orang (28), while the identity of the other four have not been disclosed.
The girl was kidnapped from her house late in the night of April 15, 2013. Police are still investigating as to how the kidnapping was carried out. The minor's body was recovered from a paddy field near Cheralia village on Tuesday by some locals who later informed the police.
Various organisations, including the All Adivasi Students Association of Assam (AASAA,) have condemned the incident and demanded immediate arrest and punishment of the culprits.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong