Assam: Powerful blast on railway tracks in Kokrajhar
The bomb suspected to have been planted by the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland exploded at 1:10 am.
Kokrajhar: Passengers of the Howrah-Guwahati down Garibrath Express had a providential escape on Sunday when a powerful bomb exploded on the railway tracks minutes after it passed Goabari in lower Assam's Kokrajhar district. There was no casualty or injury.
The bomb suspected to have been planted by the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) exploded at 1:10 am two minutes after the train passed the area between Gossaigaon and Fakiragram, police said. The blast blew away three feet of railway track and left a two feet deep crater at the spot, they said.
Initially, train services were affected for about five hours. But the line was repaired and train services restored in the morning. As the railway line is a double track one, the trains scheduled to pass over the damaged track were diverted to the adjacent one, railway sources said. Security forces have launched a search operation to nab the ultras.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement