Assam school student writes to PM seeking clarification
According to a NCERT book tourism in the North East hasn't been encouraged due to 'strategic reasons'.
Guwahati: A government school student in Guwahati has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding a clarification on a sentence in a NCERT book which says that tourism in the North East has not been encouraged due to 'strategic reasons'.
The NCERT geography textbook for tenth standard in Chapter seven titled 'Lifelines of National Economy' in page 92 says "There is vast potential of tourism development in the north-eastern states and the interior parts of Himalayas, but due to strategic reasons these have not been encouraged so far."
Kavya Barnadhya Hazarika of Maharishi Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School at Silpukhuri here wrote to the Prime Minister and twice petitioned the President's secretariat helpline since April first week but is yet to get an answer to his query on what those 'strategic reasons' are.
"I contacted officials at the Department of School Education and Literacy at Shastri Bhawan in New Delhi after my petition was transferred twice to the department by the President's Secretariat, but I did not get any answer to my question," he said.
"I would like to know what are those strategic reasons for which the north-eastern part of our country still lags behind the national growth rate and for which the pace of development is so slow," he wrote in his petition.
Kavya has passed the CBSE Class X board examinations this year.
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Shapoorji Pallonji to Move Company Law Board Against Tatas
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists