Assam: Two killed in fresh ethnic violence in Kokrajhar
Kokrajhar was rocked by ethnic violence between Bodos and migrant Muslims which left about 90 people dead in August-September this year.
Guwahati: In a fresh outbreak of ethnic violence in Assam's Bodoland, two persons were killed in Kokrajhar district on Saturday, a senior police official said. One person was shot dead at Badugaon under Gosaigaon police station at around 1340 hrs and in a retailatory attack.
A youth was hacked to death with sharp-edged weapons at nearby Batlanmara village, Additional Superintendent (Headquarters) of Police Surjeet Singh said. The fresh bout of violence came after a lull of nearly three months.
Kokrajhar was rocked by ethnic violence between Bodos and migrant Muslims which left about 90 people dead and lakhs homeless in August-September this year.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology