DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: Two killed in fresh ethnic violence in Kokrajhar
Kokrajhar was rocked by ethnic violence between Bodos and migrant Muslims which left about 90 people dead in August-September this year.
Guwahati: In a fresh outbreak of ethnic violence in Assam's Bodoland, two persons were killed in Kokrajhar district on Saturday, a senior police official said. One person was shot dead at Badugaon under Gosaigaon police station at around 1340 hrs and in a retailatory attack.
A youth was hacked to death with sharp-edged weapons at nearby Batlanmara village, Additional Superintendent (Headquarters) of Police Surjeet Singh said. The fresh bout of violence came after a lull of nearly three months.
Kokrajhar was rocked by ethnic violence between Bodos and migrant Muslims which left about 90 people dead and lakhs homeless in August-September this year.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO