Assam: Two killed in fresh ethnic violence in Kokrajhar
Kokrajhar was rocked by ethnic violence between Bodos and migrant Muslims which left about 90 people dead in August-September this year.
Guwahati: In a fresh outbreak of ethnic violence in Assam's Bodoland, two persons were killed in Kokrajhar district on Saturday, a senior police official said. One person was shot dead at Badugaon under Gosaigaon police station at around 1340 hrs and in a retailatory attack.
A youth was hacked to death with sharp-edged weapons at nearby Batlanmara village, Additional Superintendent (Headquarters) of Police Surjeet Singh said. The fresh bout of violence came after a lull of nearly three months.
Kokrajhar was rocked by ethnic violence between Bodos and migrant Muslims which left about 90 people dead and lakhs homeless in August-September this year.
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims
- R Ashwin Is A Priceless Cricketer : Virat Kohli
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Karan Johar, Nimrat Kaur Praise Nikkhil Advani's TV Show
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Abhijeet Now Targets Karan Johar, Mahesh Bhatt for 'Breeding' Pak Actors