Assam: Two killed in fresh ethnic violence in Kokrajhar
Kokrajhar was rocked by ethnic violence between Bodos and migrant Muslims which left about 90 people dead in August-September this year.
Guwahati: In a fresh outbreak of ethnic violence in Assam's Bodoland, two persons were killed in Kokrajhar district on Saturday, a senior police official said. One person was shot dead at Badugaon under Gosaigaon police station at around 1340 hrs and in a retailatory attack.
A youth was hacked to death with sharp-edged weapons at nearby Batlanmara village, Additional Superintendent (Headquarters) of Police Surjeet Singh said. The fresh bout of violence came after a lull of nearly three months.
Kokrajhar was rocked by ethnic violence between Bodos and migrant Muslims which left about 90 people dead and lakhs homeless in August-September this year.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology