Assam: Two men allegedly rape minor
Injury marks have been found on her neck and the police suspect that the rapists had attempted to kill her after raping her.
Silchar: A nine-year old girl was allegedly gangraped by two unidentified persons in Assam's Cachar district, police said on Monday. The nine-year old from Karimganj had gone to visit her grandfather in Pechachora village under Kallain police station of Katigora sub-division when she was kidnapped by two unidentified persons, with their faces covered, last evening, the sources said.
The girl was taken to a house in Section 9 of Kallain Tea estate and gangraped before being abandoned in the tea garden outside the house. Tea garden labourers returning from work found the girl crying and rushed her to a hospital in a critical condition from where she was later shifted to Silchar Medical College Hospital.
Injury marks have been found on her neck and the police suspect that the rapists had attempted to kill her after raping her, sources said. A massive search operation has been launched to nab the rapists who are absconding, police added.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology