Assam: Two men allegedly rape minor
Injury marks have been found on her neck and the police suspect that the rapists had attempted to kill her after raping her.
Silchar: A nine-year old girl was allegedly gangraped by two unidentified persons in Assam's Cachar district, police said on Monday. The nine-year old from Karimganj had gone to visit her grandfather in Pechachora village under Kallain police station of Katigora sub-division when she was kidnapped by two unidentified persons, with their faces covered, last evening, the sources said.
The girl was taken to a house in Section 9 of Kallain Tea estate and gangraped before being abandoned in the tea garden outside the house. Tea garden labourers returning from work found the girl crying and rushed her to a hospital in a critical condition from where she was later shifted to Silchar Medical College Hospital.
Injury marks have been found on her neck and the police suspect that the rapists had attempted to kill her after raping her, sources said. A massive search operation has been launched to nab the rapists who are absconding, police added.
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager