Assam: Two men allegedly rape minor
Injury marks have been found on her neck and the police suspect that the rapists had attempted to kill her after raping her.
Silchar: A nine-year old girl was allegedly gangraped by two unidentified persons in Assam's Cachar district, police said on Monday. The nine-year old from Karimganj had gone to visit her grandfather in Pechachora village under Kallain police station of Katigora sub-division when she was kidnapped by two unidentified persons, with their faces covered, last evening, the sources said.
The girl was taken to a house in Section 9 of Kallain Tea estate and gangraped before being abandoned in the tea garden outside the house. Tea garden labourers returning from work found the girl crying and rushed her to a hospital in a critical condition from where she was later shifted to Silchar Medical College Hospital.
Injury marks have been found on her neck and the police suspect that the rapists had attempted to kill her after raping her, sources said. A massive search operation has been launched to nab the rapists who are absconding, police added.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Timeline of Events That Led to the Present Crisis