Assam: Youth arrested for torturing five-year old girl
Police said medical examination of the girl has revealed that she was tortured and severely beaten up.
Karimganj: A youth allegedly tortured and severely injured a five-year-old girl in Assam's Karimganj district, police said on January 30. The five-year-old girl, who went missing on January 28 evening, was found lying in a paddy field with severe injuries near her house at Pinnagar village on January 29, Additional Superintendent of Police KK Gupta said.
With her father alleging that she was raped by the youth, who was arrested by the police. However, the youth claimed that he was asked by the girl's father, who is a shopkeeper, to take her home but she entered a wedding function on the way and went missing from there.
Gupta said medical examination of the girl has revealed that she was tortured and severely beaten up but whether she was raped or not was yet to be ascertained.
The girl was was first admitted to Karimganj Civil Hospital and later referred to Silchar Medical College Hospital, where her condition on January 30 was stated to be critical.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner