DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: Youth arrested for torturing five-year old girl
Police said medical examination of the girl has revealed that she was tortured and severely beaten up.
Karimganj: A youth allegedly tortured and severely injured a five-year-old girl in Assam's Karimganj district, police said on January 30. The five-year-old girl, who went missing on January 28 evening, was found lying in a paddy field with severe injuries near her house at Pinnagar village on January 29, Additional Superintendent of Police KK Gupta said.
With her father alleging that she was raped by the youth, who was arrested by the police. However, the youth claimed that he was asked by the girl's father, who is a shopkeeper, to take her home but she entered a wedding function on the way and went missing from there.
Gupta said medical examination of the girl has revealed that she was tortured and severely beaten up but whether she was raped or not was yet to be ascertained.
The girl was was first admitted to Karimganj Civil Hospital and later referred to Silchar Medical College Hospital, where her condition on January 30 was stated to be critical.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Interacts With Security Personnel in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Mobbed By Fans After India Beat Kiwis
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films