DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: Youths detained for setting friend on fire
Police said Rajesh Kurmi was dragged out from his house on Tuesday night and set on fire.
Tezpur: A 15-year-old boy died on Wednesday after being set ablaze by three friends in a remote area at Dhekiajuli in Assam's Sonitpur district, police said.
Rajesh Kurmi (15) of Bherveri village was dragged out from his house on Tuesday night and set on fire, they said.
The boy in his dying declaration named three children, who he alleged set him on fire, they said. The boy died on Wednesday morning at the Kanaklata Civil Hospital in Tezpur, they said.
Three school students aged 10, 11 and 15 years were subsequently detained by the police for interrogation. The incident triggered public anger in the area with an agitated mob torching the houses of the three children.
Security was stepped up and peace meetings were held after the torching led to tension in the greater Missamari and its adjoining areas under Missamari Police station and Dhekiajuli revenue circle.
The local All Bodo Students Union unit demanded a judicial probe and called for peace and upholding communal harmony.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong