Asus may launch a refreshed Nexus 7 at Computex this week
Apart from the refreshed Nexus, Taiwanese computer makers Acer and Asus are expected to showcase new low-end tablets running on Android.
New Delhi: Those waiting for a refresh of the Nexus line of tablets could be in for some great news in the coming week. Analysts expect Asus to launch a refreshed Nexus 7 tablet at the Computex trade fair which will be held from June 4 to 8, 2013 in Taipei.
Apart from the refreshed Nexus, Taiwanese computer makers Acer and Asus are expected to showcase new low-end tablets running on Android. According to Chitra Gopal, an analyst with CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets, these low-end tablets possibly targeted at emerging markets, could be priced between $100 and $150 (approx between Rs 5500 and Rs 8500). The analyst also noted that the new tablets could be running on MediaTek chipsets.
Earlier in May, Acer had previewed some of the new products that would be officially launched at Computex. These included a convertible laptop Aspire R7, a detachable notebook Aspire P3 and an 8-inch Android tablet Iconia A1. Buyers can also expect the Acer W3, that cropped up on an Amazon listing page in May, to get an official launch during Computex.
The 8.1-inch tablet running the Windows 8 OS will be powered by 1.5GHz Intel processor. In addition to 2GB of RAM, buyers have the option of going for either the 32GB or the 64GB internal storage versions.
To read more visit: www.tech2.com
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs