At least 10 killed in a bomb blast in Afghan market: police
Police say the attacker was targeting a passing US military patrol but it was unclear if there were any American casualties.
Kabul: Afghan Police say a suicide bomber has killed nine school students and a policeman outside a market in the country's east. They say the attacker was targeting a passing US military patrol but it was unclear if there were any American casualties.
General Zelmia Oryakhail, provincial police chief of Paktia province, said the bomber was on a motorbike and detonated his explosives at midday on Monday outside the market in Samkani district as the American forces passed. He said a local school had just let students out for lunch.
He said 15 other students were wounded. He did not say how old they were.
He could not give information about the American patrol. The international coalition didn't immediately confirm the incident.
Recommended For You
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands