ATS claims 'good' leads from suspect's sketch
Twenty people were killed and over 130 injured in the Mumbai serial blasts on July 13.
Mumbai: Claiming it has got "very good" leads from the sketch of the suspect of July 13 serial blasts, Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Wednesday indicated that the suspect hails either from central or northern parts of the country even as the agency has scanned a whopping one lakh phone calls for any clue.
"We have got very good leads from the sketch of the suspect. We have information that the suspect is from either central or northern parts of the country. That is the reason why we have spread our teams in these areas to trace the suspect," said a senior ATS official.
Teams of Maharashtra ATS and Mumbai Crime branch had fanned out to various states including Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Gujarat in a bid to get "solid leads" in the case, he said.
The suspect was allegedly involved in the blast at Zaveri Bazaar.
Twenty people were killed and over 130 injured in the triple blasts at Dadar, Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House on July 13.
The sketch was circulated only to select investigators, who are part of the 12 core teams formed to probe the blasts, besides a few top informers.
The ATS has so far verified records of over one lakh phone calls, the official said, adding some numbers are under scanner.
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Won't Be Screened In Pakistan
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials