DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hurriyat HQ attacked in Srinagar
The attack took place a day before Mirwaiz Umar Farooq returned from his visit to Pakistan.
Srinagar: There was a grenade attack on the Hurriyat headquarters at Rajbagh in Srinagar on Wednesday night.
The incident is of significance as it comes just before Chairman of the Hurriyat Conference, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and his senior party colleagues Abdul Ghani Bhatta and Bilal Lone, who had accompanied him Pakistan, are expected to return to Srinagar on Thursday.
The grenade was lobbed inside the compound of the building.
Sources said there was no causality or much damage to property and none of the top Hurriyat leaders was present in the office when the blast occurred.
This is not the first incident when Mirwaiz Umer Farooq has been attacked.
There was a grenade attack at Hurriyat Conference Chairman's house in Nagneeb in Srinagar in January just before his visit to Pakistan.
Recommended For You
- Kohli, Dhoni Headline Premiere of Sachin - A Billion Dreams
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Hales Falls After Fifty
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish