Attempt to blind boy after his cousin elopes with girl
A complaint was lodged by the victim Harcharan against the family members of the girl at Rajnagar Police Station this morning.
Chhatarpur: Some persons allegedly tried to gouge out eyes of a 16-year-old boy at Barha village in the district after his cousin eloped with a girl. A complaint was lodged by the victim Harcharan against the family members of the girl at Rajnagar Police Station this morning, station in-charge OS Chandel said.
According to Harcharan, who is from Gomakhurd village, his cousin allegedly eloped with Kashi Patel's daughter on November 16. Patel lives in neighbouring Barha. Girl's relatives then "forcibly" took her lover's father, uncle, Harcharan and friend Rameshwar to Delhi to search for her, but she could not be traced.
After returning, girl's relatives allegedly held Harcharan and Rameshwar captive, while the rest were released. Last night, they allegedly tried to gouge out Harcharan's eyes with pair of scissors, according to the complaint. Harcharan and Rameshwar were released after midnight. The two reached their village in the morning and went to the police.
Harcharan was rushed to the district hospital, where doctors said there was no injury to eyes. A case had been registered against Kashi Patel, Devidayal, Brijgopal, Ramnath and Chetram, all of whom were absconding, officer Chandel said.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category