Atwal finishes 10th at McGladrey Classic
Arjun Atwal slipped on the final day for a very modest 71 to be 10-under 270.
St Simons Island: After holding the lead at the halfway stage and then lying third, Indian golfer Arjun Atwal slipped on the final day for a very modest 71 to end tied 10th at the McGladrey Classic.
It was his best finish for the year but did very little to move him closer to keep the card for 2013.
Atwal had rounds of 67, 63, 69 and 71 to be 10-under 270.
In the final round, he started with a birdie but double bogeyed the second and then had another bogey on 10th.
Over the next eight holes, he managed only one birdie on the 15th.
Indian-born Swede Daniel Chopra shot 68 on the final day and came up to tied 15th, up from overnight 19th. He was nine-under 271 for the week.
Atwal is still 166 on the Money list and only the top 125 keep the card.
Tommy Gainey, who wears gloves on both hands while playing, flirted with history as he needed a birdie to shoot 59 in the final round. He ended with a 60 with eight birdies and an eagle to total 16-under 264, which held out for his first win.
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017