DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Atwal makes cut at Players Championship Golf
The Indian golfer began well but only to suffer a mid-round lapse before closing better for a two-under 70.
Ponte Vedra: For the second day running Arjun Atwal began well but only to suffer a mid-round lapse before closing better for a two-under 70 that saw him make the cut in the Players Championship Golf at the TPC Sawgrass on US PGA Tour here.
At one-under 143 he is tied 47th.
Atwal, this time began from the tenth and birdied the 10th and 11th - he birdied the first and second in first round - and then added a third birdie on 16th. But bogeys on second, fourth and seventh negated that good start.
He did manage to avert a complete slid with birdies on sixth and eighth.
David Toms, 44, climbed to the top with a four-under 68 that gave him a one-shot lead over first round leader Nick Watney.
Toms, who won his only Major more than 10 years ago, was 10-under 134 through 36 holes while Watney (71) was second at 135.
Four players - Graeme McDowell (69), Steve Stricker (67), Luke Donald (67) and Lucas Glover (71) - were tied third at eight-under.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Junaid Takes a Dig at Kohli Ahead of Indo-Pak Clash
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi