Atwal makes cut at Players Championship Golf
The Indian golfer began well but only to suffer a mid-round lapse before closing better for a two-under 70.
Ponte Vedra: For the second day running Arjun Atwal began well but only to suffer a mid-round lapse before closing better for a two-under 70 that saw him make the cut in the Players Championship Golf at the TPC Sawgrass on US PGA Tour here.
At one-under 143 he is tied 47th.
Atwal, this time began from the tenth and birdied the 10th and 11th - he birdied the first and second in first round - and then added a third birdie on 16th. But bogeys on second, fourth and seventh negated that good start.
He did manage to avert a complete slid with birdies on sixth and eighth.
David Toms, 44, climbed to the top with a four-under 68 that gave him a one-shot lead over first round leader Nick Watney.
Toms, who won his only Major more than 10 years ago, was 10-under 134 through 36 holes while Watney (71) was second at 135.
Four players - Graeme McDowell (69), Steve Stricker (67), Luke Donald (67) and Lucas Glover (71) - were tied third at eight-under.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner