Atwal slips to 36th in Heritage golf
He was tied second after first round and tied 19th after second.
South Carolina: Arjun Atwal slipped to tied 36 following a one-over 72 third round at the Heritage golf tournament here on Sunday.
The first Indian winner of a GA Tour event, Atwal is now three-under 210 for 54 holes. He was tied second after first round and tied 19th after second.
Atwal had birdies on 10th and 12th and his bogeys came on eighth, 13th and 17th.
Luke Donald of England meanwhile is just one round away from becoming World No. 1 after a one-under 70, which put him one ahead of defending champion Jim Furyk.
Donald overcame a double bogey and bogey on the front nine to catch Furyk with birdie on the 16th hole. The Englishman finished 11-under 202. Furyk held the lead for much of his back nine at Harbour Town Golf Links but made bogey on the closing lighthouse hole for a 69 to drop back.
Donald is third in the world behind top-rated Martin Kaymer and No. 2 Lee Westwood. But Donald would claim the top spot with a victory at Harbour Town, despite Westwood winning the Indonesian Masters. Kaymer is not playing this week.
Donald and Westwood exchanged "Good luck" messages on Twitter before their third rounds.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology