Atwal stays in hunt at Travelers Championship
Arjun Atwal managed to complete the weather-hit second round and remain in the hunt at Travelers Championship.
Cromwell: A struggling Arjun Atwal shot a birdie in the flawless six holes that he managed to complete in the weather-hit second round and remained in the hunt to make the weekend cut at the Travelers Championship here.
Atwal, who has disappointed this season with a series of missed cuts, is now even through 24 holes and has 12 more to play in the second round. He is currently on the cutline but would need to do better to get into the weekend round.
Daniel Chopra, who had a 78 on the first day, was one-over through seven holes and in total he was nine-over with no hope of making the cut.
Defending champion Fredrik Jacobson added a 66 in the second round to his first-round 65 to get to nine-under 131.
Charley Hoffman had played six holes in five-under to be tied second at eight-under with Nathan Green, who was three-under through nine holes in second round. Leader Jacobson played before the rain hit the course.
For the second consecutive year, bad weather pushed back the completion of the second round to the next day.
The trio of US Open champion Webb Simpson (69), Masters champion Bubba Watson (71) and reigning PGA champion Keegan Bradley (68) were at five-under, four-under and three-under respectively.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest