DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Audience should get impressed by film's visuals'
Resul Pookutty said films should be made with good visuals and sounds that persuade the audience to come to theatres.
Oscar-winning sound engineer Resul Pookutty on October 16 said filmmakers should make films with visuals and sounds that so appeal to the audience and persuade them to come to the theatres.
"We live in a world driven by internet and a click of a button. Audience can download a pirated version of a film online, instead of choosing to watch in a theatre. To persuade audiences to come to cinemas, filmmakers should make films that appeal with visuals and as well as sound," he said.
Pookutty was talking about the advancement and evolution of sound in films at the opening day of Media and Entertainment Business Conclave (MEBC), a Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) initiative.
"A film like 'Avatar' raked in Rs.65 crore in India because the film impressed audience with its sound as well as visuals," he added.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users