Audrey Hepburn quote wins top movie pickup line
Men, however, had different ideas. They preferred humor to suggestiveness, according to Badoo.com.
And the Oscar for best pickup line in a movie goes to - Audrey Hepburn in the romantic thriller, 'Charade.' That's according to the results from women polled by the UK-based dating site Badoo.com and released on Wednesday before the Academy Awards on Sunday.
"I don't bite you know ... unless it's called for," Hepburn told Cary Grant in the 1963 release, and, 50 years later, women still chose it first.
Men, however, had different ideas.
They favored this Bette Davis line from the 1932 movie, "The Cabin in the Cotton," - "I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair."
They preferred humor to suggestiveness, according to Badoo.com
Of course there's no such Oscar, but for its poll, Badoo asked its female customers - from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand - to pick from 10 flirtatious openings to break the ice online.
"This is a study of pickup lines in action," Badoo spokeswoman Louise Thompson said in a statement.
When 1,000 interactions were analyzed - measuring which lines were most picked by women to approach men and which lines got the highest response rate from the men - the difference between the sexes became evident, Badoo said.
Women rounded out their top three choices with:
Lauren Bacall's famous invitation to Humphrey Bogart in the 1944 film "To Have and Have Not": "You don't have to say anything. ... Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and ... blow."
And Kathleen Turner's "You don't know how hard it is being a woman looking the way I do," to Bob Hoskins in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"
Men singled out Shirley MacLaine in "Terms of Endearment" for the second spot - "Don't worship me till I've earned it," -and put Bacall's 1944 flirtation with her on- and off-screen partner Bogart in third place.
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- Running for President is a 'Step Down' For My Dad: Trump Junior
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- Champions League: Lionel Messi Hat-Trick Punishes Pep Guardiola's Error-Prone Manchester City
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare
- Champions League: Manchester City's John Stones Keen to Test Himself Against Lionel Messi