Aurangabad accident: SUV's owndership in dispute
The 17-year-old was arrested after the SUV car he was driving hit two minor girls, killing the youngest girl on the spot.
Aurangabad: Hours after senior NCP leader Abdul Qadeer Maulana's 17-year-old son was arrested on Wednesday after the SUV car he was driving hit two minor girls and their uncle, killing the youngest girl on the spot, Aurangabad Police Commissioner said the ownership of the SUV is in dispute.
"The vehicle has been registered in the name of a person from Jalna and HDFC loan account says the vehicle has been purchased by a company from Jalna where the juvenile's elder brother is a partner. We have to collect all the documents to come to a conclusion of real owner if the vehicle accordingly action will be taken," said Sanjay Kumar.
Three others, including a five-year-old girl have been seriously injured in the incident. The children were walking with their uncle when the teenager hit the trio before ramming into another vehicle and a shop. The CCTV footage showed that it was Maulana's teenage son at the wheel of the SUV.
The incident occurred on Tuesday morning. According to police, the minor boy was behind the wheel at the time of incident, while car driver Mohammed Amar Chaus, was seated beside him.
The two-year-old deceased, and her three-year-old sister Sayali were on their way to a temple along with their uncle, Shirish Sonawane when they were hit by the car near the Hudco TV Centre chowk, senior inspector Pratap Baviskar of Cidco police station said.
After the accident, an irate mob roughed up the suspects and tried to burn the car, but the police intervened and brought the situation under control. Sonawane and his niece were admitted to a private hospital.
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Ecosystem, a National Priority: PM Modi
- SP Leader Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh