DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Aussie teen crowned Miss India Worldwide
Miss India Australia Ankita Cheryl has clinched the title of Miss India Worldwide 2011.
Dubai: Miss India Australia Ankita Cheryl has clinched the title of Miss India Worldwide 2011 beating 25 Indian women competing for the title in Abu Dhabi.
Cheryl received a cash prize of 100,000 dirhams (USD 27,224) in addition to modelling contracts and sponsor prizes. Miss India USA was the first runner-up while Anuradha Devika from Trinidad was crowned the second runner-up.
The pageant consisted of a gown segment, talent show and question-and-answer session.
Participants were judged on personality, talent, stage presence, confidence and self belief.
The contest, launched in 1990 to bring Indians from around the world together to represent culture and talent, is produced by the New York-based organisation IFC.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?