Australian TV actor Charlotte Dawson dies at 47
Former model and Australian TV star Charlotte Dawson was found dead at her home. She was 47.
Sydney: Former model and Australian TV star Charlotte Dawson was found dead at her home here. She was 47.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald newspaper, Dawson was found dead Feb 22 by a real estate agent who was getting her apartment ready for a viewing, reports hollywoodreporter.com.
Authorities said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding her death.
The actress is said to have spent Feb 21 shooting a morning show and then had brunch with a friend. She was reportedly last spotted "looking healthy" and "smiling in the sunshine".
Dawson left her native New Zealand at age 16 to become a model in New York City. She settled in Australia a decade later as a TV personality.
She is best known as the judge of 'Australia's Next Top Model', hosting the boxing reality show 'The Contender Australia' and appearing on the Australian version of 'The Celebrity Apprentice'.
It is said Dawson suffered from depression for a long time and was admitted to a hospital in 2012 after being targeted by cyber bullies.
Dawson married Olympic swimmer Scott Millerin 1999 but they were divorced two years later. She had no children.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM