Australia's Brett Rumford wins China Open; Jeev tied 14th
Brett Rumford becomes the first Australian in 41 years to win back-to-back European Tour titles.
Tianjin: Brett Rumford has become the first Australian in 41 years to win back-to-back European Tour titles after capturing the China Open on Sunday.
Rumford shot a final-round 68 to win by four shots with a 16-under 272 total. It had taken Rumford more than five years and 121 tour events to capture a fourth title at last week's Ballantine's Championship but he has managed a fifth just seven days later.
Finland's Mikko Ilonen shot a 71 to finish second on 12 under with Victor Dubuisson (68) another shot back in third.
Meanwhile, Jeev Milkha Singh carded a creditable three-under 69 to get into top-15 for only the second time this season as he ended tied 14th. The Indian golfer totalled five-under 283.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- US Anti-Doping Agency Confirms Salazar Dossier