DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Austrian baker apologises for swastika cakes
The baker is under investigation for icing cakes with Nazi symbols.
Vienna: An Austrian baker, under investigation for icing cakes with Nazi symbols, has apologised to the head of a Holocaust awareness group for causing offence.
The cake-maker met with the head of the Austria Mauthausen Committee (MKOe), which has called for the bakery to be banned.
"I called him because from media reports I got the impression that he knew what he had done was wrong and that he was sorry for it," MKOe head Willy Mernyi said in a statement on the committee's website.
Austrian law bans the use of Nazi symbols. The baker has said he was only making what a customer wanted.
At the meeting, Mernyi gave the baker a book about the Mauthausen concentration camp and in return was presented with a traditional cake decorated with Jewish and Christian symbols.
Recommended For You
- Kohli, Dhoni Headline Premiere of Sachin - A Billion Dreams
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish