'Avatar 2' delayed till 2015: Jon Landau
Jon Landau has confirmed that 'Avatar 2' will not be released before 2015 due to the production related issues.
Los Angeles: Pandora is not returning to theatres until 2015 as James Cameron's highly anticipated sequel to Avatar has been delayed. Earlier, the makers had planned to bring 'Avatar 2' in December 2014 followed by 'Avatar 3' next year but producer Jon Landau has confirmed that bringing back-to-back sequels would not be possible, the Empire online reported.
"We're not naming dates, but I think 2014 will be a tough date for us to make. It's about getting it right... movies make release dates; release dates don't make movies," Landau said.
Cameron spent a lot of time and research on his recent dive to the bottom of the Mariana Trench and he was also involved in the 3D conversion of 'Titanic', which may have contributed to the delay.
Landau said that they had already started work on the sequels with their core team including New Zealand effects company Weta Digital, which is developing an 'underwater motion capture system' which will help Cameron explore the oceans on Pandora.
"It's going to be like the Floating Mountains in the first movie.It's not going to be all underwater; it's going to be a place we go to, leave and come back to."
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017: Kalinga Lancers Thrash Dabang Mumbai to Lift Maiden Title
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards