'Avatar' most pirated movie ever
James Cameron's 3-D blockbuster 'Avatar' is the most pirated movie in Hollywood history.
Los Angeles: James Cameron's 3-D blockbuster 'Avatar' is the most pirated movie in Hollywood history, according to a study released by TorrentFreak. The film has been downloaded some 21 million times since it was released in 2009.
Cameron once touted 3D filmmaking as the entertainment industry's best hope for combating piracy, but the 3D spectacle doesn't seem to have helped his film escape the wrath of torrent sites, said The Hollywood Reporter.
'Avatar's 21 million downloads beat out 19 million downloads apiece for 'The Dark Knight' and 'Transformers'. Leonardo DiCaprio starrer 'Inception' and Todd Phillips' 'Hangover' came fourth and fifth respectively in the most pirated list.
'Star Trek', 'Kick-Ass', 'The Departed', 'The Incredible Hulk', and 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End' round off the top ten. All of the films on the TorrentFreak's all-time list of "most pirated movies" did quite well at the box office.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It