DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Avatar' most pirated movie ever
James Cameron's 3-D blockbuster 'Avatar' is the most pirated movie in Hollywood history.
Los Angeles: James Cameron's 3-D blockbuster 'Avatar' is the most pirated movie in Hollywood history, according to a study released by TorrentFreak. The film has been downloaded some 21 million times since it was released in 2009.
Cameron once touted 3D filmmaking as the entertainment industry's best hope for combating piracy, but the 3D spectacle doesn't seem to have helped his film escape the wrath of torrent sites, said The Hollywood Reporter.
'Avatar's 21 million downloads beat out 19 million downloads apiece for 'The Dark Knight' and 'Transformers'. Leonardo DiCaprio starrer 'Inception' and Todd Phillips' 'Hangover' came fourth and fifth respectively in the most pirated list.
'Star Trek', 'Kick-Ass', 'The Departed', 'The Incredible Hulk', and 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End' round off the top ten. All of the films on the TorrentFreak's all-time list of "most pirated movies" did quite well at the box office.
Recommended For You
- Sachin - A Billion Dreams: Tendulkar's life Brought to Silver Screen
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Europa League: Ajax, Man United Indulge in Banter Ahead of Final
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan Join Break The Beard Club