Aviation services are necessity, not luxury: Khurshid
Ajit Singh said that Charan Singh gave a new speed to the country and had progressive thought.
Lucknow: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Sunday said aviation services were no longer a luxury but have become a necessity and to strengthen the country a strong network of these services should be created.
"Aviation services have become a necessity in the current time and to strengthen the country a strong network of these services should be created," Khurshid said. "Aviation services were no longer a luxury, but necessity," Khurshid said.
The Union minister said to strengthen the country a strong network of these services has to be created and it should also be taken to backward areas. He was addressing a ceremony after statue of former prime minister Chaudhary Charan Singh was unveiled at an international airport here by his son and Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on the occasion of his birth anniversary.
Terming Chaudhary Charan Singh as a strong leader, who gave "new turn" to country's politics, Khurshid said there was a need to take a resolve to follow approach adopted by the former PM to fight against poverty, hunger and unemployment.
Ajit Singh said that Charan Singh gave a new speed to the country and had progressive thought. He said that the former prime minister was in favour of taking social, economic and political power through democratic methods.
UP Governor BL Joshi said that Charan Singh was in favour of an ideal politics which uplifts poor. The function was also addressed by RLD MP Jayant Chaudhary, BJP vice-president Kalraj Mishra, former UP CM Narain Dutt Tewari.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Tata Stocks Plunge on Concerns Over Cyrus Mistry Letter
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Arrested by Delhi Police For Possessing Defence Related Documents
- Asian Development Bank Declines to Fund Pakistan Dam Project
- Kashmir a Matter For India, Pakistan to Sort Out: British PM Theresa May