Awards are like vitamin shots: Nagarjuna
Nagarjuna received the best actor award in 2012 for his performance in the Telugu mythological drama 'Shirdi Sai'.
Chennai: Southern actor Akkineni Nagarjuna said on Saturday that awards are like vitamin shots and when an actor receives them, it boosts his or her morale. "The success of a film at the box-office will ensure happiness to the entire unit, but individual awards are like vitamin shots that will help boost the morale of an actor. I believe for an actor both the success of his film and awards are equally important," said Nagarjuna at the TSR-TV9 film awards.
He received the best actor award for 2012 for his performance in Telugu mythological-drama 'Shirdi Sai', while his Telugu period drama 'Rajanna' was awarded the best film for the same year under special jury category. The awards were given to artists from Telugu industry under different categories for the year 2011-12, while artists from Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam industries along with Bollywood were honored with special jury awards.
The evening saw the presence of a galaxy of actors, including Bollywood luminaries such as Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Neha Dhupia, among many more.
Recommended For You
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1