Ayan Mukerji is my godfather: 'Gippi' director
Sonam Nair had assisted Ayan Mukerji for 'Wake Up Sid'.
Mumbai: Debutant director Sonam Nair, who is foraying into Bollywood with 'Gippi', says she considers director Ayan Mukerji as her godfather. She had assisted him for 'Wake Up Sid'.
"Ayan is my godfather. I knew him a little bit through friends, but we had not really met. When I came to Mumbai, out of the blue, Ayan asked me if I would like to assist him. We gelled really well (during 'Wake Up Sid')," Nair told IANS.
"I learnt everything about filmmaking from 'Wake Up Sid' because I was there with Ayan through every meeting, every process and everything. He let me do a lot of work. He could trust my opinion and judgment," she added.
She has also assisted Vishal Bhardwaj for '7 Khoon Maaf'. She is currently busy promoting her debut film 'Gippi', slated to release May 10.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Centurion MS Dhoni Guides Jharkhand To Win
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films