Ayushmann Khurrana's domestic help found hanging in actor's house
Preliminary probe suggested that Rudra Prasad Kaphale, a Nepali national, committed suicide.
Mumbai: The domestic help of Bollywood newcomer Ayushmann Khurrana was found dead at the actor's residence in suburban Goregaon here, police said on Monday. Police said it is a case of suicide and that the actor has been out of town for a shoot since February 17.
Reacting to the news, the actor in a statement said, "It is very unfortunate but I am saddened by the news of my house help committing suicide. We are in the process of garnering all information. All the due procedures are being observed."
Preliminary probe suggested that Rudra Prasad Kaphale, a Nepali national, committed suicide about three days ago in one of the rooms of his house in Anmol Tower, they said. The decomposed body of Kaphale was found last evening after police went inside following the complaint of foul smell.
Neighbours notified cops after foul smell began emanating from his flat last evening. Soon they reached the spot and opened the door with the help of a key-maker.
The servant's decomposed body was found hanging from a fan in the house, police said. Kaphale might have ended his life three days ago. Also, there were no signs of struggle and forced entry, police said.
Contact with the actor was established when he expressed shock over the incident. Khurrana was last seen on screen in the hit film 'Vicky Donor' released in 2012. (With inputs from PTI)
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- Jimmy Neesham to Miss Kolkata Test, Jeetan Patel's Arrival Delayed
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado