DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Azad Maidan violence: Police likely to file chargesheet
A total of 63 people were arrested by the city Crime Branch for their alleged role in the riots at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai on August 11.
Mumbai: Charges are likely to be filed in the Azad Maidan violence case on Thursday and sources said that the Mumbai Crime Branch is ready to file a chargesheet but some confusion prevails regarding the custody of the two community leaders whose speeches had allegedly instigated the mob present at the venue on August 11.
The Police is now awaiting a nod from the home department on the issue of arrest. A total of 63 people were arrested by the city Crime Branch for their alleged role in the riots at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai on August 11.
Two youths were killed and 52 others, including 44 policemen, injured on August 11 when a rally called to condemn alleged atrocities on Muslims in Assam and Myanmar turned violent with the protestors attacking police, media persons and damaging their vehicles.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- List of Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Car Launches to Look Forward To
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere