Mumbai violence accused to undergo medical test
The group had moved court last week seeking to undergo the test to validate their claims of assault by police at the Arthur Road prison.
Mumbai: Twenty three people, who were arrested in connection with the violence at Azad Maidan in Mumbai earlier this month, are set to undergo a medical examination on Monday.
The group had moved a local court last week seeking to undergo the check up to validate their claims of being beaten up by the police at the Arthur Road prison where all of them are currently lodged.
If the test results prove their claims, the court may order criminal action against the prison staff.
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand
- Gold prices touch five-year low, people on shopping spree