Azarenka beats Radwanska in straight sets to reach the final
Defending champion Victoria Azarenka reached the Qatar Open final Saturday by sweeping aside Agnieszka Radwanska 6-3, 6-3.
Doha: Defending champion Victoria Azarenka reached the Qatar Open final Saturday by sweeping aside Agnieszka Radwanska 6-3, 6-3.
Azarenka, who will lose her top ranking to Serena Williams on Monday, has now won 12 of her last 15 meetings with Radwanska and hasn't lost to the fourth-ranked Pole in almost two years.
Both players struggled to hold serve in the early stages, but Azarenka took control after breaking for 3-2 in the first set. She ran off eight of nine games, taking a 3-0 lead in the second that held up. In the second semifinal, Williams faced Maria Sharapova.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Modi to visit Pakistan for SAARC summit in 2016 as India extends its hand to Sharif
- Modi combining best of Gandhi, Nehru to bring '3rd revolution' in India: Shimon Peres
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18