Azarenka beats Radwanska in straight sets to reach the final
Defending champion Victoria Azarenka reached the Qatar Open final Saturday by sweeping aside Agnieszka Radwanska 6-3, 6-3.
Doha: Defending champion Victoria Azarenka reached the Qatar Open final Saturday by sweeping aside Agnieszka Radwanska 6-3, 6-3.
Azarenka, who will lose her top ranking to Serena Williams on Monday, has now won 12 of her last 15 meetings with Radwanska and hasn't lost to the fourth-ranked Pole in almost two years.
Both players struggled to hold serve in the early stages, but Azarenka took control after breaking for 3-2 in the first set. She ran off eight of nine games, taking a 3-0 lead in the second that held up. In the second semifinal, Williams faced Maria Sharapova.
Recommended For You
- Fit-Again Shami & Shreyas Iyer Officially Added to Squad
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Phillauri Review: Anushka-Diljit's Love Tale Will Work Its Way Into Your Heart
- Steven Smith Has a Peace Session With The Dalai Lama