Azarenka beats Radwanska in straight sets to reach the final
Defending champion Victoria Azarenka reached the Qatar Open final Saturday by sweeping aside Agnieszka Radwanska 6-3, 6-3.
Doha: Defending champion Victoria Azarenka reached the Qatar Open final Saturday by sweeping aside Agnieszka Radwanska 6-3, 6-3.
Azarenka, who will lose her top ranking to Serena Williams on Monday, has now won 12 of her last 15 meetings with Radwanska and hasn't lost to the fourth-ranked Pole in almost two years.
Both players struggled to hold serve in the early stages, but Azarenka took control after breaking for 3-2 in the first set. She ran off eight of nine games, taking a 3-0 lead in the second that held up. In the second semifinal, Williams faced Maria Sharapova.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets