DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Azarenka blanks Vesnina to reach quarters
The 6-1, 6-1 win will see the defending champion take on Kuznetsova in the last-eight stage.
Melbourne: Defending champion Victoria Azarenka raced to a 3-0 lead in nine minutes and went on to beat Elena Vesnina 6-1, 6-1 in 57 minutes on Monday to advance to the Australian Open quarter-finals.
Azarenka, who will play Svetlana Kuznetsova in the quarter-finals on Wednesday, beat Maria Sharapova in last year's title match at Melbourne Park for her first Grand Slam.
Last year, Azarenka had a 26-match winning streak to start the year, the best since Martina Hingis in 1997.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet