Azarenka dismisses Oprandi to reach China Open semi-finals
The top-ranked Belarussian won 6-2, 6-0. Her next opponent will be the winner of the match between Marion Bartoli and Carla Suarez Navarro.
Beijing: Top-ranked Victoria Azarenka reached the China Open semifinals with a 6-2, 6-0 win over Romina Oprandi of Switzerland on Friday.
The Belarussian has yet to drop a set in four matches played this week in Beijing. She has won four titles this year, including her first Grand Slam success at the Australian Open.
Azarenka capitalized on all six break-point opportunities Oprandi offered during the 55-minute match.
Azarenka's semifinal opponent on Saturday will be the winner of the quarterfinal between ninth-seeded Marion Bartoli of France and Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One of the Season
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone