Azarenka dismisses Oprandi to reach China Open semi-finals
The top-ranked Belarussian won 6-2, 6-0. Her next opponent will be the winner of the match between Marion Bartoli and Carla Suarez Navarro.
Beijing: Top-ranked Victoria Azarenka reached the China Open semifinals with a 6-2, 6-0 win over Romina Oprandi of Switzerland on Friday.
The Belarussian has yet to drop a set in four matches played this week in Beijing. She has won four titles this year, including her first Grand Slam success at the Australian Open.
Azarenka capitalized on all six break-point opportunities Oprandi offered during the 55-minute match.
Azarenka's semifinal opponent on Saturday will be the winner of the quarterfinal between ninth-seeded Marion Bartoli of France and Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain.
- Donald Trump Vows to Sue Sexual Misconduct Accusers
- Adult Film Star Jessica Drake Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Donald Trump Announces 100-Day Presidency Plan
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily