Azarenka-Mirnyi win gold in mixed doubles
The Belarusian pair of Victoria Azarenka and Max Mirnyi held their nerve to beat Murray and Robson.
London: The Belarusian pair of Victoria Azarenka and Max Mirnyi held their nerve in a tiebreak for the gold medal to beat Britain's Andy Murray and Laura Robson on Sunday.
Murray was angling for his second gold of the day after beating Roger Federer to win the men's singles, but he and Robson were defeated 2-6, 6-3, 10-8 on a tiebreak by Mirnyi and women's world No. 1 Azarenka.
The bronze medal will be decided between Germany's Christopher Kas and Sabine Lisicki and the US pair of Lisa Raymond and Mike Bryan later Sunday in a rain-delayed match.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right